Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer's colour system crashed!

• Please log in to reply

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Thank you for the help! The problem is I don't have a credit card and also I'm from Romania, so I was interested if this is something I might possibly find in shops here. I guess that may be something I need to search myself...

Ahhh, K. Then you best bet is to look at the shops and to look for NVidia graphics cards, least hastle that way (avoid the TNT2 and older series, instead you need the GeforceFX5xxx and higher cards). Examples are Geforce FX5500, GeForce FX6600, Geforce FX7900 and so on, these are just examples you can use any cards in any of these series, within each series the second number denotes where it falls in power in that series. For example, FX5200 is lower power than FX5500.

The only other thing you need to remember is you need an AGP card, NOT a PCI express card (also called PCIe).

If you follow the above you will be able to find a card to display your resolution.

Advertisements

Kristina

Kristina

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
Ok then , thanks again for all the help. I'll try looking for those models in shops then...

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Ok then , thanks again for all the help. I'll try looking for those models in shops then...

Good luck, and you are not limited to those numbers, those were just examples to show you how the numbering schemes work for those series.

Kristina

Kristina

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
I see then...Thanks, I'll take note of this scheme and ask for what they have compatible.