Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can you boot up with blank disk in DVD drive?

• Please log in to reply

edenn

edenn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I am attaching a text version of the event file. Wow! I guess I will start at the most recent one and work backwards.

Attached Files

Advertisements

edenn

edenn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I am attaching tow files. One was taken 11/29/08, and the other one is 12_01_08. I had no events for 11/30/08.
The last BSOD I had was late 11/29/08, or early 11/30/08.
I went to the Windows help site, and did not find any help there.

Attached Files

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
sorry...been on mini vacation...
the first error the ScregsetvalueExw failed for start can be related to a whole bunch of different programs..
and gives us no clue as to which one is the offending party...

both errors are so generic that they pretty much useless info
are there any errors in the applications log

go here and scan using Secunia Online Software Inspector

how has the system been running...

Edited by happyrock, 04 December 2008 - 09:54 AM.

edenn

edenn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
So far, I have not had any more BSOD. I downloaded your suggestion of Secunia Online Software Inspector, and it said theat the version of Java needed to be updated. I then downloaded the update from their web site, but it would not install. It gave the attached message. It said that the Win Installer was a problem.

Attached Thumbnails

• Win_Installer.jpg

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try here for windows installer 3.1...you will have to scroll way down to find the download
nojoy...
go here and get windows installer 4.5...

edenn

edenn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I went to the Windows web site to solve the above problem and found the following article;
"The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed" error message when you install a program in Windows XP
The first thing I tried was to make a backup of my registry, and I received the attached message that the backup failed.

Attached Thumbnails

• Newq.jpg

edenn

edenn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Well I found out why I could not do a backup. I had turned off all the system services. I have made a system backup.
I also finally received a reply from Nero. They wanted a screen shot of the error report, and they supplied a program to run which gathers information from the computer about the status of files, programs installed, etc. I ran this program and then sent the WinZip file off to them.

I also unzipped the file to see what info they had gathered, and I was surprised to see what was included in the "Warnings.txt" file.
Here is what was in the file;

- AFS2K.SYS can cause BSOD with imagedrive
- CDRDRV.SYS can cause 0x0000008E (KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) during the start of Nero/PhotoShow
- The drivelocker.dll is not registered or does no more exist.

This is EXACTLY the problem I have been having, BSOD, with 0X0000008E(0XC0000065,0X806E694F,0XF6F72738,0X00000000).