Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NVIDIA geforce 7600gs Code 43 (graphics card) after Windows Update

• Please log in to reply

silverboy

silverboy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I´m new to this forum and I´d like to say hello to everyone round here! :)

I had the same problem, a GeForce 6200 causing code 43 after VISTA installation (fixed) and again after one
particular Windows update.

Please try the following:

1. Enter BIOS on starting your system (usually done by pressing F2 or DEL)
2. Go to "Advanced Chipset Features" (I´m not sure if it´s called the same in every BIOS version)
3. Set "AGP aperture size" value to 128
4. Save your changes and leave BIOS

Afterwards please reboot and check if your video card is listed without code 43 in the device manager.
You should now be able to install the appropriate driver for your video card if neccessary.

Please find more information on Visit My Website! Hope this works for you!
Any feedback welcome since I´m trying to find out under which circumstance this problem occurs.

Have a nice day!

Advertisements

Snowdog993

Snowdog993

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I am new but I had to answer your question because I did encounter the Error 43 problem too. This occurred with a 6600 and a 7600GS. The 6200 I had worked just fine with the 181.22 WHQL driver.
The best driver I found to work properly with Vista/Seven (32-bit) is the 180.84 driver. This is a beta driver before the WHQL release, but it works just fine with the x600 Geforce video cards.

The proper link is HERE:

http://www.nvidia.co...80.84_beta.html

(I noticed I pointed it to the 181.22 when it should have been the 180.84. Sorry about that.)

I hope this helps you out!

PS: If you are going to install the driver with Windows Seven, install this driver through the device manager, not the Setup utility. Since it is a beta driver, you do need to extract the EXE file into a known directory and point to the driver files manually. The Setup utility for the driver will not recognize Seven as Vista.

Edited by Snowdog993, 29 January 2009 - 11:16 PM.

Snowdog993

Snowdog993

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Thought I would add a footnote:

This is also apparent with the 7800GS. The code 43 happens with most x600 and x800 GeForce AGP cards. The Beta driver works just fine with Vista and Seven.

http://www.nvidia.co...80.84_beta.html

Edited by Snowdog993, 09 February 2009 - 07:26 PM.

Spainman

Spainman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have an 8800gs and I'm getting exactly the same issue - code 43 disables card - system restore hasn't helped. I am going to try to go to a restore point further back in time. Will keep you posted. I figure it can't be three graphics cards failing after update coincidentally.

Saitek123

Saitek123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, the same problem seems to have happened to me with my 8600GT tried all the soltuions and none have worked so far :) guess i'll just keep having to try :)

draffy15

draffy15

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I usually skip non-M$ updates, and I in general don't update drivers, unless there is a problem.
If I do, I rather go to the manufacturer web site, than rely on M$.
Where you tried to reinstall the driver, where did you get it from?

UAV

UAV

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Im an having the exact same problem to the word with my 8800 ultra after an update. Anybody figured this one out yet?

ryanpjr

ryanpjr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi,
same thing happenned to me, did system restore no good, downloaded the driver, window would not install as best one already installed, so i rolled back driver & hey presto working dine.
cheers
pat

D-Berd

D-Berd

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

<br />I usually skip non-M$ updates, and I in general don't update drivers, unless there is a problem.<br />If I do, I rather go to the manufacturer web site, than rely on M$.<br />Where you tried to reinstall the driver, where did you get it from?<br />

<br /><br /><br /> LoL! Copy and paste.

kazer117

kazer117

• Pip
  • 1 posts
same issue here

have two geforce 9800gt SLI

1 gets code 43 and the other works i havnt update windows/drivers at any point around the card going so now its disabled and using second one ;/

Advertisements

JudgeNyt

JudgeNyt

• Pip
  • 1 posts
eVGA 9800 GTX+ PCI-e card; device has been disabled; Code 43, I have tried all the suggestions on this forum for a fix to the problem to no avail.
Simptoms were: red lines evenly distributed across the display no matter what the resolution setting. I tried updating drivers, rolling back and cleaning, reseating the card.
I was at the point of buying a new card. The way I was able to fix it was a heat gun at about 400 degrees F. Heat stressed the joints on the ram or the GPU.
Solder balls that attach the components to the board reflow at about 400 degrees F.

Disassemble the card by removing the screws that hold the cover and heat sinks to the components under it.
Disconnected the fan plug if it is part of the cover and set them asside. You are going to heat the board.

I basically heated the backside of the card for 4 minutes beneath the GPU and ram devices in a circular motion, 2 inches away from the board.
The motion is critical because you dont want to reflow the solder on the components on the backside, they may fall off or get bumped off.

Put the board on a flat surface and heat the GPU and ram devices keeping a circular motion about 1 inch above them 10 seconds each, to even out the heat for about 5 minutes.
(10 sec circle on GPU, 10 sec circle on ram, 10 sec circle on next ram etc. for 5 minutes)
This should reflow the solder on those major components.
Move the heat gun away from the board about 3 inches to reduce the heat slowly over the board for about 2 minutes, keeping the circular motion going.
Remove the heat gun and wait 15 to 20 minutes for the board to cool down. Put thermal compound on the GPU and rams, then reassemble the video card and try it out.
If it worked the display should be fine, if not a new card is in your future! I hope this helps?!!

Edited by JudgeNyt, 28 May 2011 - 05:46 PM.