Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet pages constantly being redirected

• Please log in to reply

computerneedsaving

computerneedsaving

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I am at my wits end. I can't view my email or many other internet pages. It seems as if my computer has a problem with some of the banner ads. Anytime a banner ad is slow to load, the webpage redirects the page to the generic Dell search page which says, for example, "Sorry, we couldn't find . Here are some related websites:"

This part of it always seems to be the same but I'm not sure about the rest of the link after that. Please help. I can barely use my internet because of this. Thanks.

Advertisements

computerneedsaving

computerneedsaving

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Here is a highjackthis log. Forgot to put this before. Hope it helps.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

computerneedsaving

computerneedsaving

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Well I'm not sure it is Malware. Every anti-virus/antimalware program I use comes up clean. That's why I posted here. I wasn't sure if there is some type of configuration issue. ould this be it, or should I move my post. Thanks for getting back so quick.

computerneedsaving

computerneedsaving

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
It seems as though my problem is fixed. I di a little more searching and found a forum thread about the exact same problem I was having. One person mentioned that it may be a bad add-on. I started Internet Explorer without add-ons and the banner adds displayed "IE cannot display the page" while the rest of the page was fine and it didn't jump to a search page. I decided to check for a newer version of Internet Explorer in thehopes of getting a better version of whatever bad add-on I had and downloaded IE 8 beta. Now it does the same thing as when I opened without add-ons.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Trying beta on main computer is never a good idea.
Did you try Firefox?
I still advice you to check with malware guys. Just to be sure.