Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Laptop display problem

• Please log in to reply

fgmx

fgmx

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello : I have a toshiba A 200 series Laptop . Just recently the screen stopped lighting up.
I have powered it on and off with the power button and the screen appears to be dead.
The laptop seems to power up with all of the usual display lights and the dvd door opens. I do not know if the screen went into a possible sleep or power saving mode that I can not get it to return to normal.
Nothing that I have been able to do has cured the screen problem
Is there a possible series of steps that I can try before I send it out for repair under warranty ?
my email is :
fgmx2005@yahoo.com

I hope someone has a solution

Thanks ,

F.G.

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Hello : I have a toshiba A 200 series Laptop . Just recently the screen stopped lighting up.
I have powered it on and off with the power button and the screen appears to be dead.
The laptop seems to power up with all of the usual display lights and the dvd door opens. I do not know if the screen went into a possible sleep or power saving mode that I can not get it to return to normal.
Nothing that I have been able to do has cured the screen problem
Is there a possible series of steps that I can try before I send it out for repair under warranty ?
my email is :
fgmx2005@yahoo.com

I hope someone has a solution

Thanks ,

F.G.

Does the laptop boot up fine? If so, shine a flashlight on the screen and see if you can faintly see the desktop in the LCD. If this is the case, you either have a blown backlight inverter or a blown backlight. The inverters are cheap and easy to repalce (usually a few screws unplug two wires and it is removed), if it is the backlight, just buy a new screen. I know from experience, I just replaced 2 backlights in laptop displays and the displays just don't look the same anymore. On top of that, the process is EVIL it is so incredibly hard to do, you are dealing with 1/4 of a mm tolerances or tighter it is insane how perfect everything has to fit together.

To buy a new panel, find out which panel your device uses, usually can find by model. Buy a new one. It is pretty easy to replace as well (unlike the backlight), just a bit delicate at spots.