Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

Ad-aware not opening/loading

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Riku

Riku

• Pip
  • 1 posts
It has been 4 days now since I have purchased and installed the ad-aware se professional 1.05 program. During that time I find it almost impossible to open/load the program (opened/loaded twice only) and I do not know why, especially with the fact that I have only installed the windows XP SP2 OS 5 days ago. On the other hand, the ad-watch loads with no problems whatsoever. As suggested by the Lavasoft technician, I re-installed the program but the results were no different compared with the 1st installation.

Steps to open/load ad-aware: 1. Click Start. 2. Click Ad-aware. 3. The 'working in background' pointer appears in the middle of the screen but after a few seconds it disappears with no ad-aware program interface.

Action: Opened the task manager and found the program not on the applications tab but the processes tab. Ended the process but the ad-aware program is still there ie can't end it.

Other Tools: In conjunction with Ad-Aware I also use Spybot SD, Spyblaster, and ZoneAlarm Security Suite.

Can someone out there help me?

Advertisement

Guest_Andy_veal_*

Guest_Andy_veal_*
Ad-Aware SE Plus and Pro license holders can get email support from here http://www.lavasoftu...stomer_support/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured