Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Speed-up downloads

• Please log in to reply

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Is there a good download acelerator that will work to increase d/l speed when shaped back to 64Kbs please!
I am on a 25gig plan on ADSL2 with a very good d/l - u/l speed, after 25gig is used the shaping comes into effect :) my month ends on Sunday night, (Oz time) and though I don't usually use all my allowance, when I do, it's very painfully slow :)
If there is a program out there somewhere that can do what I want, could you guys point me in the right direction, and advise any pros & cons if possible for the respective programs.
Thnx guys, if you know the prices of the programs that would also be appreciated.

Ricky

I heard of one called 'Getright' would that do the job ?

Edited by Ricky_22, 28 November 2008 - 08:34 PM.

Advertisements

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
I am surprised, I'd have thought there were programs designed to do that in todays 'tech' world. I guess there ain't that many huh!.

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
I won't give up hope just yet - I'll ask again for :)

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If the shaping is imposed by the Internet Provider, whatever you do will not have any effect.
With all due respect maybe you should download less, or change provider if your current limit is too low for you.

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

If the shaping is imposed by the Internet Provider, whatever you do will not have any effect.
With all due respect maybe you should download less, or change provider if your current limit is too low for you.

Thankyou for the reply, appreciated. That is what I needed to know, now I just have to live with it - it's okay, I don't generally go over my limit, and my d/l speed is a little over 7Mb, I have a very fast connection ADSL2 - and I have no complaints there :wave:

Thnx again for replying, I really needed to know that, now I won't have to waste time looking :) :)

Ricky