Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Case size

• Please log in to reply

Zanki

Zanki

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
I have decided to build a new pc since both my laptops died on me and I need some help.
I want to get a case that is (Dimensions (wxhxd)-(mm)) 218 x 438 x 536 but I'm not sure if I can fit everything inside it.
The graphics card I want is 190x100x33 mm so I know its going to be a tight squeeze in there if I do chose to get this case. I have a friend who built a computer a few months ago with similar hardware but his case was 120mm larger in width than mine which is why I'm having problems deciding on what to do.
Will I be able to get the case I want or do I have to look for one with a larger width?

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G Zanki

Why do you reckon the video card will be a tight fit? At 218mm the case is the normal width for a computer case (if anything, it's quite wide in fact). The video card requires 100mm (this will be the height from the bottom edge of the connector to the top of the bracket) which is the standard size.

Zanki

Zanki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Welcome to G2G Zanki

Why do you reckon the video card will be a tight fit? At 218mm the case is the normal width for a computer case (if anything, it's quite wide in fact). The video card requires 100mm (this will be the height from the bottom edge of the connector to the top of the bracket) which is the standard size.

I wasn't sure, its my first time building a pc (I've fixed them loads of times but never built one from scratch). I just wanted to make sure there would be enough space for everything, I'm not really familiar with the sizes of everything.

Thanks for answering my question.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
You're very welcome and it's wise to check stuff like this. Basically, if the case is sold as conforming to the ATX form factor, then everything should fit. The only thing you may need to watch is if the case is micro ATX. This is also fine so long as the motherboard is also micro ATX.

Zanki

Zanki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

You're very welcome and it's wise to check stuff like this. Basically, if the case is sold as conforming to the ATX form factor, then everything should fit. The only thing you may need to watch is if the case is micro ATX. This is also fine so long as the motherboard is also micro ATX.

I think everything is ok, the case I want holds an ATX and this is the motherboard I was thinking of getting:

http://www.overclock...0(MB-N780-ISH9)

My friend got the same motherboard and it fit into his case easily which was also made to hold an ATX so I think I'm ok.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Yup, you should be fine. Looks like a nice board by the way!