Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Music Catalogue

• Please log in to reply

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Hello again!

My third post in one day, i'm beginning to think of myself as a nuisance...

Anyway, I am going to buy a couple cd's today. Metallica, Ministry of Sound 2009 etc etc.

I'd like to know if there is any software that can help me catalogue it nicely on my pc, i wouldn't mind downloading the track listings etc from the net.

I also know collectorz.com offers this type of thing but i am not a fan of their software and I'm not really a fan of paying for software either.
No i am not downloading the music i am going to buy the cd's, just incase you're wondering.
I'm then going to make myself a nice playlist with all my cd's. I don't have to many so it shouldn't take me that long.

Any ideas?

p.s. I don't mind paying a small fee for a good quality one but a free one would be good :)

Thanks!

Advertisements

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
I was just about to mention collecterz. But anyways I use "Windows Media Player". It has a catalouge/library you can organize by album, song, artist, etc. I like the artist organized view since it shows all the album covers. Hey WMP is free so use it!

Battle Unit

Battle Unit

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Why don't you want to keep your collection online?

Discogs.com is a great place for that!

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Oh,

Never knew they did that... I could do that then.