Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

C# MySQL server flood ?

• Please log in to reply

Diego8

Diego8

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Me and a couple of friends have created a simple software for invoice managment. We developed it using C#.NET (Visual Studio 2005) using a MySQL 5 database.
The driver we use for connecting to the database is MySQLDriverCS which can be found at http://sourceforge.n.../mysqldrivercs/

Here comes the problem. We have to recalculte some values for 2500+ invoices. To do this calculation not only we have to obtain the invoice details from the db but also the products associated to it, which are 25+ SELECT statements for every invoice.

We thought that MYSQL db and the driver could handle this but i guess we were wrong. Every time after proccesing not more than 20 invoices the connection to the database closes and when its tryed to be reopened an exception saying " MySQLDriverCS Exception: MySQLDriverCS Error: can't connect.Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10060) " is thrown.

MySQL Administrator shows that around 170 queries are being exceuted at a time.

Could this error be due to server flooding?
Is there any way to fix this?
Is MySQL capable of handling this kind of load?
We have some doubts about the driver we use. Does anyone recommend another driver?.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Advertisements

Diego8

Diego8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Well, i think i have managed to solve the issue.
MySQL, my apologies for blaming you. The issue was the driver. I guess MySQLDriverCS can't handle such load. I've reprogrammed the persistence layer to use the .NET connector available at http://dev.mysql.com...or/net/5.2.html and it works like a charm!.
Also, it's 40-50% faster than MySQLDriverCS.