Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

startup error message

• Please log in to reply

gooner_4ever

gooner_4ever

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi guys I wonder if I could get some help please?

My laptop had a go.google virus and I used combofix to get rid of it (and it did). Before running it i changed its name to steve.exe (as the virus would not allow it to run as combofix.exe). However now whenever I start my laptop I get an error message saying something along the lines of "error - the file steve/c.bat cannot be found" Once I click ok to acknowledge this the desktop loads fine with no problems whatsoever. However its just annoying that this keeps happening. Any ideas what I can do please?

Thanks a lot for the help.

EDIT: Please can someone help me with this? If im in the wrong forum just tell me where to head. Any help would be great. Thanks

Edited by gooner_4ever, 04 December 2008 - 01:27 PM.

Advertisements