Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem With XP, All Internets Crash

• Please log in to reply

13entley

13entley

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, so my friend is having a problem with her Dell Latitude laptop, She runs Mozilla Firefox, and google chaser as her 2 internet programs. She had really no support virus wise or anything, only has windows firewall, and AVG(which is some scan program). The last thing she was doing was she was on a site that streamed House episodes, then her internet (firefox) kept crashing with an error, "Your last firefox session closed unexpectedly, You can restore the tabs and windows from your previous session, or start a new session." This error no matter what you pick, either quits firefox or attempts to reboot it and it just brings up the same error. Now, The thing also is, is that there is a windows security center alert which pops up everytime you reboot the computer that asks if I want to block this program named Spyware.ISpyNow, risk level high, and the only option for it is to enable protection, you cant select keep blocking or unblock. Basically, All internet programs crash with a fatal error, I tried running adaware and spysweeper, neither helped. Since That computer Can't access the internet i cannot look it up on there. Please, Any advice would be appreciated, i am new to the forums so if i need to include a log of something let me know.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).