I've seen some other posts similar to my problem. My Dell laptop won't turn on. I
called Dell today and they had me do the diagnostic thing. (I wish I had seen this board before I paid $49 to have my out of warranty laptop diagnosed). The power light comes on and stays on. You can hear the fan. If I remember correctly, the Num Lock was blinking, and the next two lights were ON solid. Dell tech said he thinks it is the motherboard. They have agreed to replace the motherboard for $300.
I am wondering if it is worth fixing. This laptop is actually a refurbished replacement that was sent to me because my original computer was shocking me when I picked it up. This "new" computer has always had a louder (annoying) fan than my original and it has been getting very hot lately. This laptop has also shocked me. Pretty big shocks by the way. I read other posts here that talk about electrostatic shock and how it can ruin a motherboard. Is it really worth fixing if it will keep shocking me. Is that shock damaging the motherboard if I am not touching the mb directly? Will it just ruin the new mb?
Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.