Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP - "windows installer" freezes !

• Please log in to reply

ChiALeuzE

ChiALeuzE

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi to whoever's reading this page :tazz:

Hrm, its not the first time im coming here but it is the first time *hopefully the last one :| * i have to ask for help! Oh, before i go any further, i gotta tell you that im actually a french person, so if theres something you dont understand, feel free to ask what i mean ;) !

So heres whats not working : everytime i try to install something thats got to be installed by inserting a CD, the "Windows Installer" window freezes and it takes ages before it closes by itself... my dad (he's even more lost than me in resolving computers problems !) figured out there might be a file missing or something for it cant execute the program and tried to download some windows thingies telling me that 'its got to be updated' !!! hahah.. its never worked, poor thing. He did get the downloading bit all done but we cant install it either.. anyways, im wordering, what could be doing that ? whats wrong with windows ?

thanks !!

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
update the window installer package
http://support.micro...om/?kbid=884016

ChiALeuzE

ChiALeuzE

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Oops.. I had forgotten that i had actually asked for my problem :tazz: hehe ;) I tried to update it but it told me that I had a latest version and so i didnt need to install the one i had gotten from the website.. Anyways, its all good now, someone'd come here to fix it up ;) But i wanted to thank you for your help :) Youre doing a great work here and thats appreciated :)

Thanks a lot :)