Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Water Cooling

• Please log in to reply

Primevi1

Primevi1

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Im sick of hearing all my system fans and want to upgrade to watercooling. Ive never done this before so what are your thoughts and experiences with it? Also what brand do you think I should go with and price range?

Thanks!

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Hi Primevi1

It looks like you can do it for anywhere from $120.00 to $800.00+ depending on if you go with a kit or a full case. Here is a pretty detailed article I found on how to do it "A Beginner's Guide For WaterCooling Your PC". Also here is a site that sells kits, and cases, parts etc... so you can get an idea of the prices. Xoxide

I have yet to do it myself, but I'm sure some people that have will jump in, and add their thoughts. :)

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
There are sooo many options, though IMHO the best is the type you put together yourself. The parts are the pump, the radiator (still need fans but fewer ideally), the water block (CPU and GPU if you decide to go that route), tubing and various connectors. Usually the home built ones are better and will give you lower temperatures. The tomshardware article is a good start, as are the forums at hardocp, anandtech, etc. You can get advice and read at all of these places. Just search for water cooling and see what comes up.