Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Micro SD card slots?

• Please log in to reply

Radien

Radien

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Forgive me for this "no duh" question, but I'm about to buy a product that includes a Micro SD card, and I want to make sure that my computer will be able to take it. I'm not up on Flash memory and would like to know how the latest hardware peripherals work.

The Micro SD card that comes with the product seems to be the smallest available, the rightmost card in this image. Are these inserted directly into your computer? If so, how do I know which ones my computer supports? I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 that's several years old, so I'm not sure what it's capable of when it comes to this.

Advertisements

Gnomad1600

Gnomad1600

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I think that typically a micro sd card will come with a micro to sd adapter, and I am pretty sure that your laptop has an SD slot on the side.

Radien

Radien

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Okay, sounds good. I have one (if not two) slots that look like potential candidates, so I think I can assume one will suit that purpose. Knowing that they usually come with an adapter is the important part; since I have a list of the package contents I'll look for it there. Thanks!

Gnomad1600

Gnomad1600

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
There is only one SD card slot, it is on the right side under the speaker and microphone plugs.

Radien

Radien

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

There is only one SD card slot, it is on the right side under the speaker and microphone plugs.

Check. It's there. Thanks for the tips!