Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for effective scanner highlighter pen.

• Please log in to reply

mark2512

mark2512

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hey,
I'm currently at university and my style of working on essays etc requires me copying reams of (often useless) text out of textbooks onto my laptop to later be used in writing essays etc. This copying of text takes up a good portion of my day as well as being monotomous and also (eventually) quite painful on the ol' back and shoulders.

What I'm looking for is a scanner highlighter pen. I've had a look on google and found quite a few however many do not have customer reviews and I've learnt to take manufacturers descriptions with a pinch of salt. I can type about 300 characters a minute (according to some website) but that doesnt factor in the mistakes I make and the eventual fatigue I feel, what I want to know is are scanner pens a faster alternative? Can you simply run the pen over text as if highlighting normally and its done, or do you have to do it painfully slowly and then wait a minute so it can process it all. Also how accurate is recognition with various fonts, sizes etc.

Here is a website which I've been looking at:
Megapixels Ltd

Personally my favourite is the Wizcom Infoscan3 Lite mobile pen scanner since its mobile which means I can leave my laptop at home when I visit the library as well not having to borrow books and therefore invariably pay huge fines...

Thanks a lot,
Mark

Advertisements