Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Complete crash - possibly ipod related

• Please log in to reply

phillywilly

phillywilly

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Every time I try to sync up my ipod to itunes, my computer completely crashes, the screen freezes, the mouse won't move, nothing, even if I leave it like that there's no change. At the time I'm not running any other programs. As far as I know my computer is clear of any malware.

It used to be that this would happen after about 4000 songs had updated, I recently installed service pack three and it seems to crash as soon as I connect up my ipod.

I have a video ipod, 60GB if that helps, its firmware is fully updated and so is itunes.

Thanks for your help, I'd be happy to provide any further information.

EDIT: I've accidentally put this in the wrong place, could it please be moved to the windows XP forums.

Edited by phillywilly, 01 December 2008 - 02:48 PM.

Advertisements

phillywilly

phillywilly

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry I can't see where this topic has gone, should I make a new one?