Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PS3 Networking/Streaming Media Issues

• Please log in to reply

tyhudg

tyhudg

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi Guys!

I have been encountering some problems with playing media on my PS3 off of my laptop via the media server option. I have tried both twonky media, and WMP11. When i open the media server on my PS3 it runs very slowly, and when playin a song it cuts out quite often. Also i frequently receive the error message "DLNA Protocol Error 2104". I have received others in the past but this seems to be the only error message i get with twonky. My laptop and ps3 are both connected Wirelessly to my Dlink Gamerlounge router, which in turn is hardwired to my xbox 360 and Desktop Computer. I have a 3 meg Telus DSL connection with a telus provided modem. I can play music on my xbox off of my laptop with relative ease, no lag or skipping.

When i try do the network connection test on my PS3 i get NAT 2, but UPNP says it is not supported(It is enabled on my router). Is it perhaps because the playstation and laptop are both connected wireless perhaps? THe signal on my playstation is around 50-60% and on my laptop it has 3 bars. For reasons im not going to get into i cant hardwire my laptop and ps3 to the network.

I am more than willing to provide any additional information, and any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!!

Advertisements

tyhudg

tyhudg

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Im sorry, i failed to mention i would prefer to use WMP 11 for sharing media. Also if it helps, i can play online games, browse, and watch streaming videos via the playstation browser. Also i am running windows XP on my laptop, it says i have vista but that is on my desktop.

Edited by tyhudg, 01 December 2008 - 05:03 PM.

rs.shadow0000

rs.shadow0000

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Learn more about how Windows Home Server enables you to back up your important files, access information on other computers in the house, share,

Edited by rs.shadow0000, 06 August 2009 - 08:35 AM.