Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help Uninstalling Programs

• Please log in to reply

Spacemanspiff92

Spacemanspiff92

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
I know there's alot here, sorry, but if you could go through and post what you know, it'd help me alot

1500_Help
1500Trb

-what is 1500

BufferChm
Copy
CP_AtenaShokunin1Config
cp_dwShrek2Albums1
cp_dwShrek2Cards1
CreativeProjects
CreativeProjectsTemplates
CueTour
Destinations
Director
DocProc

-absolutely no clue what these are, can anyone explain any of them? I do not remember installing anything with shrek...

document viewer
fax

-do i need these?

High Definition Audio Driver Package - KB888111

-what is the High Def Audio

HpSdpAppCoreApp
InstantShare

-do i need these? what are they?

MarketResearch
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIs
Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs

-what is marketresearch? and do i need the other 3 microsoft stuff? what do they do?

PhotoGallery
ProductContext
QFolder
Readme
Scan
ScannerCopy
Search Settings 1.2
SkinsHP1
TrayApp
Unload

-no clue what these are. anyone care to explain?

Yahoo! Install Manager

-would it matter if i uninstalled this? would i be able to install/uninstall any yahoo stuff in the future?

yeah so basically every program on this thing i have no clue what it is. You don't have to post to everything, but if you could post on what you know, it'd help me understand my computer alot better. I like it when my computer is organized :)

Edited by Spacemanspiff92, 03 December 2008 - 05:23 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Sonic is CD Burning software.
The XP hotfixs are normal as is MSXTML and its friends - web browser technology.

Adobe stuff is fine, the Apple stuff is for your iTunes and iPod. Bonjour is part of Apple.
ATI is your graphics card. AiOSoftware seems to be part of some HP printer software/driver. The rest of those entries in that section belong to specific programs.

The 1500 stuff could be anything. KB888111 is a necessity. .net Framework is fine as are the other entries. Python is a programming language, comes with HP and Dell machines for system restoration purposes. The HP stuff is for your printer.

If in doubt, leave it.

Spacemanspiff92

Spacemanspiff92

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
mmk, thanks