Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No BIOS! Fans go on, but no Boot.

• Please log in to reply

andyhuz

andyhuz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Have you reset the BIOS to defaults? Also when you reset the CMOS how long did you short the jumpers for? The reason I ask is because I had a similar problem and my BIOS wasn`t reset until I left the jumper on reset for several hours.

Edited by andyhuz, 26 January 2009 - 01:33 AM.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

then I instailed the other basic items and now it just hangs at bios and won't boot windows anymore =(

What other basic items did you install?
Remove them and see if the computer boots up. If it does, suspect 1 of those items as bad.

johncorosz

johncorosz

• Pip
  • 1 posts

An old post but worth keeping alive. I just spent time trying all the tasks listed only to learn that I might indeed have a bad power supply. I have a system built in 2007/08 that has been fine for my activities but not so good for this time of year. It's hot and the load on the Air Conditioner may in fact be causing electrical issues with the power going into the PC (people forget to consider these things). I have now ordered up new parts and will resort to a spare power supply and see if it fires up. If so then I am all set as the parts are current, will be new and I can simply keep them boxed up for the future. I am thinking my issue has to be the same.

ISSUE:

- Powers on

- Got lights, fans

- Monitor starts to switch over like it has signal but then goes black  like the signal died

- Will run non-stop but never boot, nor beep