Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

LSLMCLTSetup-dm

• Please log in to reply

liloltiredblood

liloltiredblood

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I was browsing around my computer the other night and came across in "Downloads" and I noticed that there are two programs in there called "LSLMCLTSetup-dm [1] & LSLMCLTSetup", I am wondering what it is, and if it's a program that I don't need, how do I get rid of it???

also in
c/Documentsandsettings
I have one too many "administrats" the first one is
"ADMINI~2~DM" the second one is "Administrator" & the third one is "Administrator.ADMINISTRATOR" I do use the third one, but do I really need the other 2 in there??? I k now i have tried to delete the first one a few times and there it keeps coming back on there.

:tazz: ;) ;)

what shall I do?

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
The LSLMCTLSetup is a sort of game called 'Leisure Suit Larry' (don't ask!). You definately don't want it on the system.

Reboot your system in safe mode (press F8 key a few times just before Windows starts to load & select safemode from the menu).

Go to control panel->add/remove programs & see if theres an entry for this program. If so, remove it.

Locate the any file names that start with LSLMCTL in my computer & delete them. (Use the find files utility on the start menu).

Go to the Run command on start menu & type msconfig <OK>
Click on the startup tab in Msconfig & look down the list of entries. If you see any entries with the LSLM... filename or 'Leisure Suit Larry' listed, clear the check box to disable them from starting up.

Do these things first & let me know what happens before tackling the administrator issue, but I suspect the two are connected.