Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

OE6: Can't delete messages

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Every now and then when I try to delete an incoming OE message on my W98 pc I get the "This message cannot be deleted" (or equivalent) error message. What causes that? How DO I delete these messages? Thanks.

Grandad Phillip

Grandad Phillip

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
The 'Deleted Items' folder may be corrupted and therefore unable to accept any more deleted messages. A quick check for this is to try deleting message from the inbox while the 'Shift' key is held down. This bypasses the 'Deleted Items' folder altogether so if the messages can be deleted by that method then the 'deleted items' folder is probably corrupted.

Please be aware that messages which are deleted by this method (bypassing the 'deleted items' folder) cannot be retrieved, so be careful which ones you choose to delete in this manner!

Please post back with your findings. Thank you

On a separate note, please do not "cross-post" (identical or very similar post in two different sections from same member)..
This generates two separate threads on the same issue which can lead to confusion.
Thank you.

Edited by Grandad Phillip, 03 December 2008 - 08:29 AM.