Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

audio problem on hp pavillion a1345i home pc

• Please log in to reply

ajaz

ajaz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i just format my dekstop and have all driver installed accept a yellow mark called pci.. i have the audio driver installer and try to install it but it always say i need to instal something from the microsoft web about the audio....plizz help me..

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
The yellow mark in Device manager for PCI is regarding the Chipset Driver. The Chipset driver helps windows to communicate with the PCI bus and other components on your motherboard.
Whenever you format your computer and reinstall Windows, the very next thing that should be installed is the Chipset Driver... this should be done before installing any other driver or program...ie, video, sound, etc.

Go to the manufactures website and download the Chipset driver for your computer. Since you don't state what manufacture your computer is, or whether it's AMD or Intel, I can't point you to the correct driver.

ajaz

ajaz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
its intel pentium 4..this is the link hp pavilion

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
BEFORE WE GO ANY FURTHER...

Can you look in Device Manager and tell me exactly what the name is of the item with the yellow mark. Is it just "PCI" or is there something else along with that?