Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

snapin.js failed to load

• Please log in to reply

tschriber

tschriber

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm not sure where I should have posted this question since I'm not sure what is going on with my computer but I am running Windows Vista on a Dell Inspiron laptop. I was uploading pictures to my family website when all of a sudden I couldn't upload anymore (not because of image limit). I was able to select the images from my computer that I wanted to upload but could not open them to the uploader on my website. Then I get this message Script,,/,,/,,/,,/sscommon/common/inc/ss_snapin.js Failed to Load. Not knowing what that meant, I started to look it up on google and received one suggestion... that it was the Vundo virus?!? I googled the vundo virus and found that my computer was not doing any of the things it said my computer should be doing. Other than "webpage not found" often, which I thought was because of my firewall and the pictures not uploading, my computer has been running fine. I did a scan and nothing came up. I restarted and nothing changed. The message only shows at startup. I don't get a message when trying to upload now, it just won't do anything. I'm not very computer literate when it comes to diagnostics. Please Help?

Advertisements

gclipse02

gclipse02

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Do you have any other browsers installed on your computer? You said you are not the most experienced user, so I assume you only use Internet Explorer. Try Mozilla Firefox. This will tell you if it's just a bug between IE and your latest Java update, and narrow down your possible causes. Also, try updating to the latest Java Runtime Environment. I get the webpage not found message occasionally on my Vista pc also, using IE of course. My problem is that I was using IE v8 beta.

tschriber

tschriber

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I do only have IE. I have downloaded Hijack This and found nothing, I've deleted Limewire, downloaded Anti-malwarebyte and ran it and found nothing. I have deleted my older version of Java and tried to download the updated version but get a 1500 error message. It says that another program is being installed and I need to wait until it's finished but I'm not installing anything. I've restarted, tried again but keep getting the same message.

gclipse02

gclipse02

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I would think that the current install of java would need to be uninstalled, but this won't happen since part of what you probably deleted was the uninstall app. Future reference: the actual program resides in the registry too, so deleting the files under Program Files only causes more headaches than uninstalling the program correctly. There may be a way to remove it from the registry but it's dangerous stuff unless you are 150% sure of what you are doing. Then the next step should just be to re-install