Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

is it necessary to have 2?

• Please log in to reply

liloltiredblood

liloltiredblood

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I just did a search for files and folders and I typed in MsPaint....and I have paint in two places is it necessary to have it in both places???

C:\Documents and settings/All Users/Start Menu/Programs/Acessories
the other one is in
C:\Documents and settings/All Users.WINNT/Start Menu/Programs/Acessories

would it be possible to get rid of one of them??

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
mspaint isn't very large. I would leave it alone especial as it is in the All Users profile. If you remove it you may no longer have access to it.

Starjax

liloltiredblood

liloltiredblood

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Oh, I recently tried to get it fixed. Becuase everytime I run Paint it takes a long time to open it, than when I do get it open I try and close it and it says "out of memory"

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you could delete one of them. they should be shortucts to the actual executable.

the actual path would be c:\windows\system32\mspaint.exe. Is this system dual boot or upgraded from nt or 2000?