Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to validate windows

• Please log in to reply

Cian

Cian

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Got a laptop recently, was working fine but the other day starting acting a pain, error message came up at random, something to do with Windows Genuine Advantage software or something and I'm now unable to download updates.

Computer told me to download the WGA plugin off Microsoft. I tried this but every time I try to get it through their site, I get an error message saying the connection was refused.

Also tried getting WGA plugin off a mirror site but then I get an error message saying the Installation Info Date is unavailbe.
Activex controls never appear whenever they are supposed to be either as regards to this.

Anyone able to help here?

Advertisements

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Check to make sure Vista is still activated.

Right click the "My Computer" icon on the desktop or in the start bar, and select properties. Scroll down and make sure Windows activation is set to activated, and there is a "Genuine" Icon.

If it's asking to activate, try activating it, and if needed call to activate.