Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ad-aware freezes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

noservice

noservice

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
:tazz:
I downloaded Ad-aware SE personal off download.com and for some reason at the end of the scan, (smart scan and full system scan) Ad-aware freezes (according to the computer its still running, but i have waited for an hr and it will not continue)
I know that the place i downloaded it from did not send a virus with it, b/c i downloaded the same type of ad-aware to my other computer and it worked perfectly.
I also know that ad-aware is compaitable with my computer, b/c i have had other versions of it before and they have all worked fine.
The place where it 'freezes' is at the end, where the current operation is the perfroming conditional scans and the bars are filling up.
The only thing i have found is that once i cancel the scan the adware summary reads as:
objects scanned: 1234567890
objects ignored:4
objects identified: 99999
Total new objects: 99
Total new objects: 99
The other thing that i have found is that the last that ad-aware had found/checked
according to the scan log was:
FreeScratchCards Object Recognized!
Type : Regkey
Data :
Category : Malware
Comment :
Rootkey : HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Object : software\fsc
The only problem is, that i have searched my computer for 'FreeScracthCards' and did not find any program or file with that name.
Please help me, so that my computer can run smoothly again (and delete the 300 objects that ad-aware found) and so that i do not have to re-format it.
Thank you
-Jason
;) ;)

Advertisements

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Hi, noservice.
I would ask you not to post more than one topic..
I already replied your earlier one.
Take a look.

- Rawe :tazz:

noservice

noservice

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
i cant find your reply and my last post/message
im srry

Guest_numbnuts_*

Guest_numbnuts_*
Hello,noservice this is where your thread is here...
http://www.geekstogo...ndpost&p=105261