Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Slow working windows xp

• Please log in to reply

dokkdurssulet

dokkdurssulet

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I recently installed windows xp sp.
Before i hade both Vista and Linux.I formated the drive where Vista was installed and instaled Windows xp(I still have a partition with Linux) and i observed that the windows os is running very slow.I think it is due tot Symantec Endpoin Protection because from time to time it shows me a message like "Trafic from IP address 92.81.138.32(wich is this site's ip adress i think) is blocked from date&time 1 to date&time 2 [SID: 20409] MSRPC Server Service BO detected " and also it shows me that there are 2 problems : 1 Proactive Threat Protection is disabled 2 File System Auto-Protect is malfunctioning

I searched the www for solutions to my problem and found this thread :
http://www.geekstogo...ow-t217699.html

and thought maybe u can help me.Should i download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware ?I don't know how to use HiJackThis and i am new on this site so sorry if posted in the wrong section 10x

Advertisements

dokkdurssulet

dokkdurssulet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
sorry is windows sp2

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Hi there, and welcome to Geeks To Go! If you reformatted your hard drive recently, most likely you are not infected with malware. Personally, I would get rid of Symantic and put on Avast! Antivirus, and you should notice a considerable increase in your computer's speed.

What are the specs on the machine?