Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No possible help?!

• Please log in to reply

Fencer

Fencer

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I wrote this topic 10 days ago and so far no answer was received. Anything wrong? Need more data?

Repost of the topic:

Sorry if this topic wasn't supposed to be here, but I couldn't find a better topic. My problem might seem riculously simple, but I've beem trying to solve it without any success:

When writing on MS Word (Win XP, Office 2003), if I press the backspace button, letters I've written will be deleted - as they should. If I select an entire word or phrase in the middle of the text and press backspace, however, nothing will happen. Alternatively, if I select a block of text and start typing, it would usually replace the selected block, right? Wrong! Not anymore. It will only insert what I'm writing wherever the cursor is placed. I tried to press the insert button, but nothing changed.

To make things more odd, I can write normally here on IE, but the backspace won't work as it should when I'm working with Adobe Photoshop, for instance.

Am I being a jerk or there is something you experts can help me with?

Thanks in advance for your terrific help - I'm sure.

Advertisements

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
Welcome to GeeksToGo!! :)

:) You're definitely not being a jerk... I'm sorry to hear that you have received no reply, however I am sure that it is just that your problem is fairly unusual, but should be easy to fix :wave:

Try this:
  • Open Microsoft Office 2003
  • Go to Tools, then Options
  • Click on the Edit Tab

Find Typing Replaces Selection, and check it if it isn't already checked....

Let me know how it goes!

Edited by piano9playa5, 03 December 2008 - 04:28 PM.