Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unusual disconnecting issues

• Please log in to reply

josh_mck

josh_mck

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

Ok here is the deal, every 10-15 minutes my internet just simply stops working now here is the odd part is SAYS that it is still connected and when I attempt to go to a site it does not even say "problem loading page"...it simply wont do anything at all until I disconnect and reconnect my via internet options. I have had the AT&T guy out here twice and he insist its my computer so I now turn to you. Also during my brief internet time I do get it, it goes insanely slow, taking as long as a full 2 minutes for a google search.

I have attempted scan after scan as well as defragging. I have also reinstalled the DSL. The last program that I downloaded of the internet was PokerStars however this did not start happening till probably 2 weeks later.Here are the virus programs I use and whatnot.

AVG 7.5 (negative for viruses)
Ad-Aware (nothing here either)

I have direct to wall AT&T DSL.

Bare in mind that my computer is over 6 years old so it may just be time to put it to bed. Thank you for your help.

Edited by josh_mck, 03 December 2008 - 07:01 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Did you contact your ISP?
Try new ethernet card....~$15.

Edited by Broni, 03 December 2008 - 10:12 PM.