Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Startup issues

• Please log in to reply

cradl

cradl

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
I have a Gateway laptop with Vista Home Premium on it. When I start it it boots up then I get a Windows has encountered critical problems and will restart in 1 minute. I did notice that on boot up on my destop I get a CMD window and it says ERROR: Access Denied but it just flashes very quickly and can't make it out. Then it just goes into reboot over and over. Also all I have is Log Off or Switch User Under Shutdown? I can however get it to start up in safe mode. Even went into safe mode and said disable system restart on failure and it still reboots. Did Mem test that was good. I do have a restore on a local drive. However I don't have windows disk never came with one.

Edited by cradl, 03 December 2008 - 08:38 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Did you try System Restore from Safe Mode?

cradl

cradl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Yes did it from safemode no luck. Even did factory restore from gateway and it still gives me a cmd window on boot up in desktop with an error 5 has occured access is denied. Thats when I login as my user I created but if I go in as admin nothing happens cmd screen comes up and says ok then goes away.

Edited by cradl, 04 December 2008 - 04:33 AM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Well, it looks like the user rights are simply restricted.

cradl

cradl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Got it fixed Whiped drive completely and now works.
Thanks

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Sometimes, extreme action is the quickest way to fix things.
I'm glad, you're back in business :)