Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Access and Excel

• Please log in to reply

GeekSandy

GeekSandy

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi, All! Can anyone help me (if this is possible). I have a database and table in Microsoft Access.
I created a filter to get specific information from the table. Is there a way to just capture this filtered information and export it to an Excel spreadsheet? I need step by step if possible. Thank you SO much and Happy Holidays to All!!! :)

Advertisements

Jonesey

Jonesey

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
I'm not too familiar with Access Filters, but from memory, I thought you could simply copy & paste from Access and the copy doesn't include the filtered out data. Perhaps I'm wrong in this.

Have you considered dropping the WHOLE list into Excel and filtering it (or writing a very simple macro) to delete the rows you don't want?

The only potential pitfall here is that Access can contain a lot more than Excel's 65,536 rows.

GeekSandy

GeekSandy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks, Jonesey! I tried just copying & pasting, but the columns were all screwed up in Excel. Maybe copying the whole list & filtering in Excel will work - I will give it a try next week at work. (but, the columns will still be wrong..) (I don't know a thing about macros). Thanks SO much & Happy Holidays!!!

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
They may look screwed up if you just paste it. Try Paste Special and paste it as text, it will remove all formatting that comes with data copied from Access.