Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell dimension e310

• Please log in to reply

paradien

paradien

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
yeah , got my buds pc and was gonna help him with his malware issue but ran into a boot up issue.

he claims it sometimes boots to the desktop, but ive been trying with no success, even with safe mode.

i get this constant message

Posted Image

i also noticed after i removed both ram sticks and placed them back. now i can only get to the os choice menu with 512 instead of 1g.

any ideas?

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

yeah , got my buds pc and was gonna help him with his malware issue but ran into a boot up issue.

he claims it sometimes boots to the desktop, but ive been trying with no success, even with safe mode.

i get this constant message

Posted Image

i also noticed after i removed both ram sticks and placed them back. now i can only get to the os choice menu with 512 instead of 1g.

any ideas?

A good program for testing out the memory subsystem is Memtest86+. CHeck it out. You burn it to a cd or put it on a floppy. Let it run. It will not crash on memory problems. Just show you errors. Let it run for 12 hrs, if no errors show immediately. If any show immediately. Try to isolate it to a stick or socket.

Can you isolate it to one ram stick or ram socket? If it is one stick, more than likely that stick died, but first try rubbing the contacts on the dimm with an eraser to clean them off. If it is a socket, try blowing any dust and using a needle to clean any debris out of the socket.

If it doesn't, you would be looking at a mem system failure (which can be PSU=rare but a slight possibility that ram voltage is droppign too low or a motherboard failure=more likely).

paradien

paradien

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
I isolated the dead stick, but still cant boot right, still got that message as i posted before.

paradien

paradien

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
ran windows repair......still same results....