Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No text or background color

• Please log in to reply

Efeezy25

Efeezy25

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Well guys I have a friend that is having a issue with her computer she says that when she is online she cannot see text color and background color...But her desktop is fine and so is everything else, just wanting to know what could be the issue with this?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
What browser is she using? Has she tried to download another browser and tried it? Possibly the browser options are not set correctly.

Efeezy25

Efeezy25

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
She had IE, and I tried to see if it was her browser so I had her download Firefox. That didn't work either.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Check:

Control Panel> Accessibility Options> Display. Make sure that High Contrast is not checked. Also click on Settings and uncheck Use Shortcut. That will disable the Alt+Shift+Print Screen shortcut to High Contrast.

Then, Internet Options> General> Accessibility. Nothing should be checked normally.

Possibly try disabling, as a test, third-party security, privacy, ad-blocking programs. One of them may be causing this. Turn on the windows Firewall (Control Panel>Windows Firewall) before disabling a third-party firewall or security suite.

Has she made any changes, installed any new programs, received any new updates from MS, etc.? Possibly try a Restore Point prior to the problem.