Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

XP Pro (Windows, Windows.0, Windows.1, ......)

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
As a result of a nasty set of viruses I had to repair my Windows XP Pro installation. After the first time I did it, I still had problems and the only way that I was able to proceed was to repair Windows XP again. After that I had problems, not as severe, and I repaired once again. After all of this I was able to finally get things sorted out and now everything seems to be working OK (except for Windows Update KB956390 - but that's another issue).

Now I have multiple copies of XP on my machine and I would like to tidy things up. How do I figure out which copies of XP need to be removed and do I simply delete them or is there a process that I need to go through. Obviously I don't want my Registry carrying a lot of extra baggage so I want to do it correctly.

One other problem that I need to look into is my disks - originally I had a C, D, E drive. The C and E were on one hard drive and the E was a separate hard drive. Now I only seem to have a C and a D - the two separate hard drives. It seems that my second partition on the C drive has disappeared. Not a problem regarding loss of data but it would be nice to get that partition back.

Comments, suggestions and ideas are welcomed! Thanks.