Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

screensaver wont start

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
I have checked into this topic and only find entries of almost 1 year ago.

I have the problem that my screensaver wont start. I have Windows XP Media edition, a wireless mouse.and do not have DVDlauncher.exe listed in my startup tab. I also don't have hgtray in my startup (I do have egtray)

I have downloaded and tried the "enable disable screen saver" program. My POWER OPTIONS do not work if I set "monitor off" to 1 min. If I disconnect the USB adaptor for the mouse, the POWER OPTION will work and/or screensaver whichever I set to start first. I really do not want to have to pull out the adaptor evertime I want the screensaver to run knowing the adaptor could be damaged.

Any help would be appreciated