Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Updating Issues (Multiple Operating Systems)

• Please log in to reply

RyanG07

RyanG07

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I originally had windows vista home premium installed in my computer, no issues for serveral months. but about 2 weeks ago, it started randomly shutting down due to blue screen errors. the errors would occur randomly, sometimes when i was the internet but most of the time the blue screen would occur with no human interaction. i had never seen this before so my first reaction was to replace the hard drive (then 400Gb) with a new one (250Gb). since then, windows did not have any issues installing, until it was time to do updates. the system would update the first few series of updates, and then error messages would appear. all error messages were unknown to microsoft. i have tried the same process with windows xp and windows xp 64bit. i dont think it is a hard disk problem, if i had to put money on it i would say the motherboard is going bad, but if so i don't know what the signs are. so if anyone has had the same issue or has an idea please feel free to reply, i've put too much money into this computer when i built it to let it sit and do nothing.

Thank You,
RyanG07

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Troubleshooting shutdown problems can be hectic. However, it's always fixable somehow. Even though this is probably not a new build, start HERE to begin your troubleshooting.