Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

explorer.exe keeps freezing

• Please log in to reply

jofess

jofess

• Pip
  • 3 posts
every time i try to open my documents or my computer or view any files of mine my computer will lock up for a minute and then i will have the error report for explorer.exe.....then usually followed by an error report of dr. watson postmortem debugger

heres my hijack this results

please help!!

Edited by Rorschach112, 05 December 2008 - 07:38 AM.
removed log, read the rules please

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi jofess...welcome to Geeks To Go... :)
how long has this been happening...
did you recently add any new hardware or software or update anything just prior to having the problem...
did you try restore yet..
do you have any malware tools and if so have you updated and run them...

jofess

jofess

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i havent really installed much as of recently, other than a MP3 splitter but i have removed any programs that i have recently put on the computer. it has been happening for about the past 2 weeks...i also just got the computer back from it being completely reformatted by someone on the geek squad at best buy. it was working fine for about a month. i didnt do any restore points so unfortunately nothing to restore

Edited by jofess, 09 December 2008 - 03:51 PM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
restore puts its own system checkpoints in the restore so you don't have to make them yourself to have some...
pick one BEFORE you started having problems

jofess

jofess

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
for some reason there arent any restore points...i checked before posting my problem...the furthest i can go back is dec 9th and i was having problems at that point

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
then a repair is in order...go here for the how to guide...