Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Num, Caps and Scroll lights flash on and off

• Please log in to reply

Dante2

Dante2

• Pip
  • 2 posts
About once a day, my num, caps and scroll lights turn on for like 5 seconds then off and repeats for a few minutes, while my display keeps running however my keyboard and mouse dont work until I restart the computer, I thought it might be a virus or something, but its a widespread problem and nobody seems to have the answers .. does anybody have any suggestions?
I would be less distressed if i didnt play online games but this happens and I die on the game and its really annoying

Advertisements

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Can you get a different keyboard and mouse just to test the system? Keyboards and the mouse are both input devices that can fail. I once had a system that froze often and I only realized the mouse was causing the problem because a game I was playing would report "un-supported command" when I moved it. Changed the mouse, freezes stopped. Are you actively using the keyboard or mouse when the flashing occurs?

Dante2

Dante2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yeh i was using keyboard and mouse but they just didnt work, and i dont think my mouse and keyboard could fail simultainiously.

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Most likely its just one, but you need another keyboard and mouse to test with. 1st try a different keyboard. If the lights still flash, then plug back in your original keyboard and change out the mouse and test again. You will probably need to turn off and change your devices to test it properly. Hopefully your flashing lights will disappear on one of these tests..