Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer issues

• Please log in to reply

MuffyXo

MuffyXo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Same issues, Mark. I still couldn't find Dustbunny on the exceptions tab. You told me to find Dustbunny on my programs but I didn't find it. "Use this button to navigate to Dust Bunny's starting program. If you don't know what this, right mouse click on Dust Bunny in your program list and see where it is. Add this program to the firewall.
" when I went to "start" I didn't see a Dustbunny name there... (Unless I'm just very illiterate which I don't think i am).

Now when it comes to the colors of my wires, are you asking me if the pins are the same matching color? Sorry i took long with the response.

Thanks,
Muffy

Advertisements

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Sorry, I'm not sure how you start your Dust Bunny program, desktop icon or go onto the web? On Thor, if there's a desktop icon, then right mouse click on it and then left click on properties. The Target box has the name and location of its start program. If you actually navigate to the web to start the game, well then, you could add it as a Trusted site, (I'm assuming that you're running at least IE6(?) Have you tried Firefox or Google Chrome?

Regarding the ol' dust bunny system, why did you have to re-format it? It's a little alarming that it is doing spurious re-boots. Does this happen only in the game as well?

I'm no longer sure that its the cables in between the router and the modem, (not that I ever was)...

MuffyXo

MuffyXo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
On Thor I have IE6 and firefox, on Dustbunny I use IE6. I formatted Dustbunny cause she needed one.. she was running a bit sluggish so I cleaned her out. Yes my computer only restarts while in game (Dustbunny)

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Sorry, this being holiday time, we were invaded and they have only just left.

When you posted that you re-formatted Dust Bunny, did you re-load all the devices drivers for your motherboard? Especially the network adapter?

MuffyXo

MuffyXo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Yikes, no.

Invaded? invaded by whom?

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Just the normal relatives with little kids, (which means its anti-social to sit at your keyboard and tap keys...) The next invasion is next weekend. This happens when you live by the sea and its the middle of summer...

back to your dust bunny, what is the motherboard? Perhaps you just need a dose of device drivers to sort it out. Windows will load its own drivers for hardware, (if it can), but usually the drivers from the manufacturer are the best fit...

MuffyXo

MuffyXo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Mark, I have no idea what my motherboard is. Can i open my comp up and find the name of it or would it be wise to use like that "sandra" program? (dont know the name of it off hand, im not home at the moment).

Since the format the only driver i updated was the vid one. I was not sure if i am supposed to update the other ones because i usually never do.

on a DIFFERENT NOTE, spending time with the family is fun (at times) ;]... sorry for the caps.. hehe

Thanks\,

<Muffy

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Ok, I think we may have narrowed down your problem. Whoever assembled your dust bunny system would have loaded all its device drivers, (chipset, network, etc). We had an case down here where a particular brand of modem would fail after ten minutes of use if the XP driver was used instead of the manufacturer's. Your system should have come with a driver CD, but if you can't find it, the drivers are normally available on the MBoard's website.

Your 1st startup screen will sometimes display the motherboard name but sometimes not. opening the case and finding it may be your best option.

Is your network connection on dust bunny above some USB ports on the back of your system, or down where the PCI cards go?