Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP computer ZE4805us it is not possible to get WPA2

• Please log in to reply

newnoi

newnoi

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I am trying to configure my home network, but It is not possible to choose wireless security with WPA2, and it is only available WEP. I installed all the drivers and updates for windows.
I read that the WPA2 was available to PCs with windows XP with SP3.
Can anyone help me?.
Thank you for your help
:)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
WPA2 is available in XP SP3 but you need a wireless card that supports WPA2 as well, as well as a router that can transmit WPA2 encryption. Otherwise such a security option will not be available.

Without pre-requisites you can't do what you want. You need WPA2 hardware before you can use WPA2 encryption, much like you need a driving licence, insurance and road tax before you can drive the car down the road.

newnoi

newnoi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Thank you for your reply.
My modem router support WPA2 encription.
The wireless is embeded into the computer, and I downloaded the last drivers for it few days ago, and I thought it have the WPA2
I will try to use a a PMCIA external wireless board for solving it.
Thank you again
:)