Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Strange Problems on Two Units (Computers)

• Please log in to reply

jsullivan33403

jsullivan33403

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
Hi Everyone

I have two units with strange problems as follows:

UNIT 1 - Compaq Prosigna Desktop, Pentium III, 450 Mh. Unit had been working fine and then all of a sudden would NOT SUCCESSFULLY boot up - Windows 2000 Profe.

Received STOP message: C0000263 (driver entry point not found), The \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\FLTmgr.sys device drive could not locate the entry point 10GetDeviceAttachmentBase Ref in driver NTOSKRNL.exe.

I immediately brought unit up in 'Safe Mode' and checked Systems log - under adm. as follows:

System Log Event Properties:The DHCP client service depends on the NetBios over TCPIP service which failed to start because of the following error: a device attached to the system in not functioning.

Application Log Event Properties: Log Windows cannot unload your registry file. If you have a roaming profile your settings are replicated. Detail - access is denied, Build (2195)

I went to device manager and could NOT find any device not correctly functioning, i.e., no ! or ? or other indicators of problems.

Does anyone have any ideas?

UNIT 2 - No name brand.

I am trying to load Windows 2000 operating system, but get the following STOP message. STOP 0xf7419d80, 0x00000000, 0xf7419d80, 0x00000000) Driver_uploader_without_cancelling_pending_operations This driver may be at fault : PARTMGR.SYS

This unit is the one I have been using to load operating system and other software on HDs for our religious organization and up to now has never had a problem before.

Does anyone have any ideas?

jsullivan33403 home missionary extension service

Advertisements