Jump to content

Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

USB y cable?

  • Please log in to reply

i love bubbles

i love bubbles


  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
hey all?

just wondering if there is such a thing as a y usb cable that i can connect a printer in to and then it will split so that i can plug it into two computers?
so it will be one female and two males


Edited by i love bubbles, 05 December 2008 - 04:35 PM.

  • 0


Neil Jones

Neil Jones

    Member 5k

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
There is no such thing as a USB Y cable/splitter.

Other solutions exist though, something like this:

Or alternatively print servers are available that will do the job (also available wirelessly), or simply share the printer on one computer and have the other computer print through that computer to the printer.
  • 0

Similar Topics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP