Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ScanningProcess.exe Is Always Running

• Please log in to reply

collodel

collodel

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This is my situation:

Advertisements

aj1841

aj1841

• Pip
  • 1 posts
In my opinion this might be something you should live with. I mean 30mb ram is not going to kill you most of the time, and Kaspersky is one of the best antivirus programs out there. I prefer bitdefender, but they are both extremely reliable and are usually the first companies to detect new viruses and update appropriately meaning you are less likely to get hit by something nasty. At least you don't have like my work computer has...their antivirus program takes up over 200mb of memory when I'm not even doing anything. lol. If you really want to remove the antivirus you will need to do some pretty aggresive uninstall work. Most antiviruses are purposefully very difficult to disable. They do it to protect you, which is great for most people who know very little about their machines. But if you want to really control your system this becomes a bit of a pain in the butt. Good luck. :)

siman951

siman951

• Pip
  • 1 posts
um i have the same problem but i don't have Verizon installed, or ever did, also mine doesn't take 0-30k it takes like up to 150k at time then goes back down to 70k-100k and is really pissing me off, any tips?

Edited by siman951, 14 April 2010 - 03:43 PM.