Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem Installing Move Networks Media Player for Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply

ridgerunner16

ridgerunner16

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I have been trying to install the IE 7 plugin called Move Networks Medial Player for Internet Explorer. The correct file size of the properly installed plugin is 97.13 MB. Every time I go to the web site and run the install it says the plugin installation was successfully completed, but it winds up not working when I go to ABC's web site to watch videos (ABC and Fox require this player). When I check Add/Remove in control panel, I see the file size is roughly 1/3 of the correct size. I have tried disabling my antiviurs, my firewall, and any other non-essential running programs, but nothing I have tried will allow this plug-in to install fully on my computer. I am running Windows XP home and am not experiencing any additional problems with the computer's operating system that I am aware of. I have installed the Adobe Flash Player 10 and the Adobe Flash Player Active X (although in add remove I do not see a line for Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin listed. What I see there is Adove reader 8.1.3, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Flash Player Active X 10. I have uninstalled the Move Player many time and tried to re-run the setup at the Move web site. I consistently get the same result with only a partial install of the Move player. When I try to run it at ABC, I can watch the ad video, but as soon as I try to open a full episode video, it fails to open and eventually my computer freezes up and I have to use control/alt/delete to close the window.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be causing this problem?

Thanks,

ridgerunner16

Advertisements