Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Music filename renames to track number

• Please log in to reply

Deco

Deco

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hey,

Can anyone tell me why some music filenames have renamed themselves to track numbers? for example..

Filename previously read: Kanye West - Love Lockdown
Filename now reads: 01 Love Lockdown

(may also see attached)

This is the same for nearly half of my music files in my music folder.

Is there a way to get them changed back apart from individually doing it myself?

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• mymusic___trackno_files.JPG

Advertisements

Deco

Deco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Have finally sussed it out - apparently the Windows Media Player automatically changes the filename when it loads up in its library.

The way round is, whilst in Windows Media Player, select 'Tools' > 'Options' > 'Rip Music' tab > click on file name.

However this will not alter what is has already changed but from now on it will change to how you prefer it. (See attached)

Deco

Attached Thumbnails

• mp3_filename_solution.JPG