Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

e-mail from other countries

• Please log in to reply

jerry1967

jerry1967

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
who or where can I report these e-mails I am getting that is trying to get my bank account?

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Are they posing as your bank? If they are, your bank probably has an email address for reporting them. Check their website - they should have a section on fraud or phishing. You can forward the messages to them.

jerry1967

jerry1967

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
No not my bank. I just received one that claimed it was the FBI and they wanted my bank account.

Edited by jerry1967, 06 December 2008 - 08:34 AM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Somewhere on the Federal Trade Commission website, I think there is information on reporting spam, but I'm on my Blackberry right now and can't easily look. For the FBI one, there might be a place on their site for reporting it.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
here you go http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
I am surprised that no one mentioned Castle Cops PIRT/Fried Phish (here). You can report phishes easily this way and the people on Castle Cops have protocols to help track these people. They do it several ways:
  • They work to get the phishing sites shut down
  • They keep track of evidence (they have been advised on how to do this properly) such as IPs from the email etc.
  • They work with law enforcement to catch these people.
All you do is copy and paste the source of the email (not the text you see but the actual source code of the email, this can be found usually by buttons that say "View Source" or "View Full Email" or "View Code" etc.). If you can't figure out how to paste the source (which is much more helpful because it contains the email header which has IP addresses in it) then you can copy and paste the text.

Also you paste the URL so they can help shut that URL down.

Edited by PedroDaGR8, 06 December 2008 - 06:55 PM.

jerry1967

jerry1967

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
thank you verry much

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Castle Cops is currently offline. looks like they are down for good because they are returning donations.

Another place to report spam is at [email protected]