Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GSA-H10L DVD/CD burner won't burn

• Please log in to reply

pachwothos

pachwothos

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello to all of you wonderful Techies out there :help: ,

I have a little problem here and I am not real technical minded. :) I have a HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10L burner. It has been in my computer for about a year and working with no problem. Now suddenly I cannot make any CD's. I have never tried to make DVD's. I can play both music CD's and movie DVD's. When I try to burn, whatever program I am using (Windows, Windows Media Player, Nero, Picassa) goes through the process of preparing and after a while gives me a message such as "burn has failed at 4x" whatever that means. Or I get a message saying the disc is no good. I have bought 3 different packs of CD's. Memorex CD-R, Memorex CD-RW, and Sony CD-RW.

I have tried to reinstall the driver, but that isn't helping. We did replace a networking card a couple of weeks ago. I haven't tried to burn a CD in a couple of months, so I don't know if it was working prior to that or not.

I have an old system, no name brand,Celeron, 1.7 ghz, 512 Ram, Windows XP, I had it built in 2001. I hope to get a new one in February, we'll see. Mean time I need to make a CD of the church choir's pictures. :wave: I have been trying to do this all week. I hope you can help me.

Thank you much :)
Pachwothos

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Sounds like your CD burner has failed. It's all too common. Luckily, they are cheap and pretty easy to replace.