Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CPU at 100%, Won't Turn on for More than 1 minute

• Please log in to reply

BILLGATESSUCKS

BILLGATESSUCKS

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:)

my computer recently started having this issue of when i was connected to the internet for more than 15 minutes or so, the CPU would skyrocket to 100% and then of course everything was delayed and a pain in the [bleep]. this doesn't happen when i am not connected to the internet. then yesterday it did it again and then shut off. i would try to restart it but to no avail. it is a laptop and was very hot as well. i have no idea what to do and am a poor college student who is trying everything before i pay to have it fixed (or potentially told i am screwed). any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go. :)

Next time it happens. Press ctrl+alt+delete and start the task manager. Identify which process is using the highest CPU percentage (clicking the column header will sort), and then reply here with the process name.